Today the energies of the powerful Equinox are present on planet Earth, whether you are in the southern or northern hemisphere. For many years, different cultures around the world have honored and celebrated the changing of the seasons including the point of time that is the Autumnal/Spring Equinox. But what is the spiritual meaning of this?
The Sun is both the source of light and life on Earth, and the Equinox and Solstice are the turning points in the solar cycle of the seasons which occurs twice a year during the dates of March 20th and September 21st. The Autumnal Equinox is when the wheel of the year turns from summer to fall, with the Spring Equinox, the light of day begins to grow longer heading towards the Summer Solstice. With the Autumn Equinox, the days begin to be shorter heading towards Winter. The Equinox is giving us the opportunity to tap into the wisdom of Mother Earth, the light of the Sun, and our direct connection with the cosmos, which means, the journey that planet Earth makes around the sun represents the cycles of light and darkness.
With the fall/spring Equinox, not only the weather is changing, but also our personal lives, and daily activities. If we are located in the northern hemisphere, surely we’ll like to spend more time indoors with family, friends and ourselves; but if we are in the South hemisphere, surely we will like to go out and enjoy nature. Both places of planet Earth are giving us the opportunity to do a transformation, but we are the ones who need to be open to accept the change and live the present moment.
Embrace the change and honor Mother Earth, the cosmos and humanity @journeyangels
Today, I am honored to share with you a very simple ritual that will help you to tap into the blessings and opportunities that this powerful energy is presenting to us:
- Find a sacred, peaceful and quiet place.
- Create an altar: This will represent your connection with the Divine, with nature, and with your inner light. Decorate with colors that represent fall/spring (again, depending on your hemisphere). Incorporate symbols of fall/spring that you can find in nature (like pinecones, fall leaves, and a pumpkin, or flowers for South hemisphere).
- For your altar, incorporate items like crystals, incense, candle and it will be great if you have in mind to represent each of the elements: earth, air, fire, water.
- Relax your body and set a moment to intentional focus your look at the light of the candle as a way of meditation, breath in and breath for a few minutes.
- Take a pen a paper and write down the following questions and see which answers come to you:
- For Autumn: What are you harvesting in your life now? What did you do to cultivate them? What can you change now to stay in greater love and balance?
- For Spring: What are the seeds you are going to plant now? How are you going to cultivate them? What are the changes you are making now to stay in greater love and balance?
- Pay attention to how you feel when you write the questions and answers, meet your feelings with honesty and compassion and then release and let it go into the light.
Internal development it’s a great way to honor our life, and doing it through reflection and journaling, it will open up space into our lives to connect with our true selves and make changes. Enjoy this precious time and connect with your light, your angels, and light beings, and enjoy the magic of tuning into the infinite possibilities that are available for all of us right here and now.
Remember that the Equinox is a time of celebration and gratitude. Create your altar in a way that connects with you and celebrates the new season of life you’re stepping into.
Love & Light,